Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Pre-Game 4 Excitement!

Matt Cain has 13.2 shutout innings during his first postseason. That is amazing.

Cody Ross is more of a Giants legend than Brian Johnston at this point. I'm not saying he's approaching Will Clark 1989 Championship Series levels yet....but he WAS wearing an obscene amount of eye black yesterday...

Aaron Rowand and Edgar Renteria are starting again. OK. Renteria has a torn bicep. I had to put up with him playing hurt through all of 2009 because that's what you do when you're a gritty vet, but IF Uribe is more hurt than him right now, this is fine. Rowand and Renteria both got hits yesterday, so I cannot complain too much. But Rowand. Rowand. I know Torres is slumping and he looked like a hot pile of garbage in Game 2, but...something about Rowands vs. a pitcher doesn't sit well with me. Something about that batting stance and that slow, slow bat.

But, again, he got a nice double yesterday so I can't gripe too much. In fact, if he does awesome today I'm going to go back and erase all the bad stuff up above.

Bumgarner and Blanton are really similar pitchers, except Bumgarner is slimmer and doesn't have really stupid facial hair. I was there live a couple years back when the Giants destroyed Blanton in Oakland, hitting what felt like 18 doubles back to back. Then this season he pitched so strongly against us that he was almost as good as Randy Wolf!! Yeah, Blanton was as dominant as THEE Randy Wolf!!

I'm bored, and I want this game to start. 6 more wins.

No comments:

Post a Comment