Saturday, October 23, 2010

Pablo Not Starting

Let me just say that I'm really disappointed that Pablo Sandoval isn't starting tonight for Game 6.

The media and Bruce Bochy seem to be making a really big deal that he didn't get his foot to 3rd base in time to get the lead runner after charging Roy Halladay's "100% completely fair territory" sac bunt. He was charging a bunt. He hadn't got back to 3rd in time. I'm not really seeing how this is his fault.

The upside of a Sandoval/Uribe lineup is more than a Renteria/Uribe lineup. Renteria has a torn bicep! I know he gritted out 2009 with only one arm working, and that showed how clutch and tough and old school and gritty and rugged and World Series experience and Gold Glove 10 years ago he is, but he also was legitimately horrible in 2009, playing average defense while being literally the worst hitter on the team. Worse than Randy Winn, worse than Rich Aurilia, worse than Emmanuel Burriss, worse than Bengie Molina. He was awful. He hit a grand slam in one game and that was it. He was awful the rest of the time.

Panda's 2010 was not nearly as good as his 2009. But I really don't care. I didn't agree with starting Fontenot so much, and I don't agree with starting Renteria.

I really just want the Giants to win. Five more wins. Hummmm baby. I've got a Giant Attitude. Let's do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment